Explain briefly the relation between knowledge, education and adab and your purpose for studying whatever you are studying right now.
However, we must take note that from the Islamic perspective, knowledge is not only to know or to see but also to act or practice what we know in line with good purpose or intention. This indicates the importance of relationship between knowledge, education and adab as well as purpose of seeking knowledge. Exactly, my purposes of studying economics are to strive for the pleasure of Allah as well as to serve and contribute to the Ummah. Hence, it is vital for me to reflect or respond to the knowledge in a proper ethical and moral attitude (adab), not only store the information I get. I must digest the information in order for it to be knowledge and practice the knowledge in a proper way. For example, as an economist or an accountant, I cannot cheat when doing the accounts, financial statements, statistics etc and must apply my knowledge in economics wisely. If I am cheating, it means that I abuse the knowledge and there is no harmonization between knowing and doing, no adab towards the knowledge.
Besides that, my other purposes for studying economics are to be a good person and to remove ignorance from myself for the survival of Islam. But how can I be a good person through seeking knowledge? This is clearly proved by Imam Al-Shafi’e as he said, “Knowledge is what benefits. Knowledge is not what one has memorized.” Consequently, by acquiring knowledge which brings various benefits for me, it indirectly leads to self-transformation. Through knowledge, it can transform me to be a better person and as I am practicing the knowledge, I will obtain wisdom of knowledge. Other than that, it is important for me to care about what I know and use my knowledge especially in economics to help society in order to to remove ignorance from myself. This is due to the reason that survival of Islam depends on knowledge and the disciplined life and piety are not complete when there is ignorance.
In conclusion, those are the relation between knowledge, education and adab and my purposes for seeking knowledge and studying, especially in economics field.
No comments:
Post a Comment